Step 1: Verify Pre-requisites for Windows Installation
- We recommend installing Skedler in a separate VM or Docker container or server.
- Windows operating system - 64bit
- Minimum of 2 CPU cores and 8 GB of RAM is recommended for deploying Skedler.
Elasticsearch and Kibana version
Configure environment variables JAVA_HOME and PATH
- Configure Java_Home as User Variable.
- Add JAVA_HOME\bin to PATH
- Add JAVA_HOME\jre\bin\server to PATH
Window dpi settings
Dpi setting in Windows should be set to 96dpi for Skedler to generate report in an aligned manner. By default, the value is set at 96dpi.
Go to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display to check the dpi settings.
Step 2: Download
Step 3: Extract
Step 4: Configure Permission
- skedler.zip was extracted. For convenience, let us call this folder as $skedler_home.
Provide read/write permissions to the following folders.
Report folder configured for reports_dir parameter in reporting.yml
UI files folder configured for the parameter ui_files_location
Step 5: Configure reporting.yml
- Go to config folder using the command cd config.
- Open reporting.yml.
- Add Elasticsearch URL with the port (even if the port is 80) and the Kibana URL with the port in the reporting.yml file in the following format <protocol>://<server>:<port>
- If you are using Nginx or SearchGuard, follow the steps below.
Note: If you are using Shield then refer to Step-by-Step Configuration Guide for Shield.
- If Kibana is configured behind Nginx, configure the Nginx username and password for Kibana in reporting.yml as shown:
- If Nginx is configured as a reverse proxy for elasticsearch, configure Nginx username and password for elasticsearch as shown:
- Save changes to reporting.yml
Step 6: Start Skedler
Step 7: Access Skedler
Skedler can be accessed from the following URL http://<yourServer>:3000. The Email Configuration page is displayed on successful installation.
Step 8: Configure Email, Time zone and Logo
- If you do not want your reports to be mailed, you can click Off to disable the mail settings.
- If you want the reports to be mailed, configure the outgoing mail settings and email id (from which all the reports will be sent). If the SMTP server has authentication, select the Enable Password checkbox and enter the password in the Password field. Click Save to save the configuration details.
- Click Time zone Settings tab to update the time zone for scheduling the report. Click Update to update the details.
- Optionally, you can upload the default logo to be used in the PDF reports in the Other Settings tab. Click Select Image to upload the logo and click Save.
- To reset the image used, click Reset.
- To go to the Skedler Homepage, click the Home icon.
Step 9: Activate License Online
To activate Skedler (in Free Trial or Licensed) you must activate a valid license key. A free license key is automatically populated in the license activation form. If you purchase Skedler license, you will receive a license key by email.
License keys can be activated using Online Activation or Offline Activation. However, Free Trial license key requires Online Activation. If your server doesn’t have an internet connection, please refer to Step-by-Step Guide for Offline License Activation of Skedler.
- To activate the license, click the About icon in Skedler Homepage.
- Click Activate License.
- The License Activation page is displayed.
- Enter the required values in the Name, Email, and Company field.
- By default, a trial license key is an auto populated in the “License Key” field. If you received a Product license key, update the License key field.
Specify the protocol, server name or proxy IP, and port. If the proxy setting requires user authentication, enter the username and password in the Username and Password fields.
- Click Save button. The License Activation page is displayed.
- Read and select I agree to the Terms and Conditions checkbox.
- Click Online Activation to activate the Skedler Trial License.
You are now ready to start scheduling Reports. Refer to Step-by-Step User Guide for Skedler to create reports.
- Step-by-Step Shield Configuration Guide
- Step-by-Step Guide for Offline License Activation for Skedler
- Step-by-Step Guide to Move Skedler from One Machine to Another