Skedler v3.x is now available in the Docker repository. It simplifies the installation process and shortens the time to get Skedler up and running.
- Minimum of 4 CPU cores and 8 GB of RAM is recommended for deploying Skedler.
- Docker version greater than 1.8.0 should be installed.
- Skedler v3.0 or higher is only supported.
Step 1: Pull Skedler from a Docker Repository
- Obtaining Skedler for Docker is a simple as issuing a docker pull command.
- The Docker image for Skedler 3.x can be retrieved with the following command
sudo docker pull skedler/reports:latest
Note: To extract particular version Docker skedler, sudo docker pull skedler/reports:<tag>
Skedler version is available as tags in Docker.For skedler available tags click here
Step 2: Run Skedler as a Container
- To run skedler image use the following command
- To run skedler of a particular version as a container use the following command
sudo docker run --name skedler -t -d -v skedlerdata:/data -p 0.0.0.0:3001:3000 skedler/reports:<tag> bin/bash
Note: skedler_home inside the container is /opt/skedler
Note: 0.0.0.0 is the bind address in which Skedler runs, 3001 is the Host IP port which Skedler uses and 3000 is the Docker IP port
Step 3: Basic Skedler configurations using reporting.yml
Configure Skedler configurations like port, kibana_index, Elasticsearch URL, Kibana URL and skedler_index in /opt/skedler/config/reporting.yml.
To edit the configuration file sudo docker exec -it skedler nano /opt/skedler/config/reporting.yml
- port - The port in which skedler runs. Default port is 3000
elasticsearch_url - Elasticsearch URL with the port (even if the port is 80) in the following format <protocol>://<server>:<port>
Kibana_url - Kibana URL with the port in the following format <protocol>://<server>:<port>
- kibana_index - Kibana uses an index in Elasticsearch to all data. Configure Kibana index here. skedler will use this index to auto discover dashboards. Skedler will not create this index. Default kibana_index is .kibana
- skedler_index - Skedler index which will be created in Elasticsearch. It will create a new index if it doesn't already exist. Default skedler_index is .skedler
- Kibana_version - Skedler to identify Kibana configurations
Note: For more configuration options kindly refer the article Reporting.yml and ReportEngineOptions Configuration
Note: The following folders are persisted
- Reports - reports_dir: Persist generated report information in /data/reports folder.
- Log files - log_dir: Persist log information in /data/logs folder.
- Custom images, images and custom CSS - ui_files_location: Persist UI information in /data/uifiles folder
Step 4: Start Skedler
- To run skedler as service sudo docker exec skedler service skedler start (or)
- To start skedler manually,
- >sudo docker exec skedler opt/skedler/bin/skedler
Step 5: Accessing Skedler
- Skedler can be accessed from the following URL if it is using the port 3001. http://<hostIP>:3001
- For example, if the HostIP: 192.168.0.101 and Docker IP: 172.17.0.1 respectively. Skedler runs in 172.17.0.1 and you can access skedler using HostIP in the browser. http://192.168.0.101:3001
Step 6: Activate License Online
When you launch Skedler for the first time, the License Activation page is displayed.
To activate Skedler (in Free Trial or Licensed) you must activate a valid license key. A free license key is automatically populated in the license activation form. If you purchase Skedler license, you will receive a license key by email.
License keys can be activated using Online Activation or Offline Activation. However, Free Trial license key requires Online Activation. If your server doesn’t have an internet connection, please refer to Step-by-Step Guide for Offline License Activation of Skedler.
To activate the license,
1. Click Activate License.
2. The License Activation page is displayed.
3. Enter the required values in the Name, Email, and Company field. By default, a trial license key is an auto populated in the “License Key” field. If you received a Product license key, update the License key field.
4. If the Internet connection requires a proxy server, click Proxy Setting in the License Activation page to enter the details. Specify the protocol, server name or proxy IP, and port. If the proxy setting requires user authentication, enter the username and password in the Username and Password fields.
5. Specify the protocol, server name or proxy IP, and port. If the proxy setting requires user authentication, enter the username and password in the Username and Password fields. Click Save button. The License Activation page is displayed.
6. Read and select I agree to the Terms and Conditions checkbox. Click Online Activation to activate the Skedler Trial License.
Step 7: Configure Settings
To configure Skedler settings refer the How to configure email settings, time zone settings and default logo for reports
You have now completed the initial settings of Skedler and ready to schedule reports.