This article explains how to configure the action items both Mail and Slack details for your report and instantly send the report via Mail and Slack.
- A successful configuration of Skedler settings. Refer How to configure email settings, timezone settings and default logo for reports
- A successful configuration of Skedler settings. Refer How to configure slack settings for a report
Click on Scheduled Reports in the Menu.
To schedule the report, click the Schedule Report button.
Enter the appropriate values in the fields to schedule the report.
1. Enter the name of the report in the Scheduled Report Name field.
2. Select the type as Dashboard.
3. Select the required dashboard from the Select Dashboard drop-down to generate reports.
4. Select the required filter from the Select Filter drop-down. By default, the “No filter” option is selected.
Refer How to use filters with scheduled reports to setup the filter and configure the filter for the scheduled reports.
5. Optionally, enter the folder path to store the scheduled reports in the Folder Path field.
1. Select the format of the report from the Select Format drop-down. The following formats are available:
PDF, PNG - Inline, PNG - Attachment or Excel.
Note: When the Email setting is disabled, the report is downloaded in the PDF or PNG format.
2. Optionally, you can enable the Include Report type option to generate excel report along with the other report type PDF, PNG - Inline, or PNG - Attachment. By default, None is selected.
1. Select the required template from the Select Template drop-down. By default, "No Template" is selected. Refer to Schedule a custom template report based on Kibana dashboard to learn how to design a custom template and use the template for the scheduled reports.
2. Enter the title of the report for the generated PDF report in the Report Title field.
3. Optionally, you can configure the Report Layout based on the report type.
Note: Layout Configuration applicable only for PDF reports.
- Font Family: You can select the type of font in which the report needs to be generated.
- Page size: If the report type is PDF, you can configure the paper size of the report as follows:
- Set the paper or sheet size as Letter, Legal, A4, A3, Tabloid or Default size (Height is 1024 pixel and width is 2048 pixel)
- Select the Page orientation (Landscape or Portrait)
4. Optionally, you can set a logo for the report to be generated. By default "No Logo" is selected. The logo options are as follows:
- Choose Default Logo: If you would like to use the default logo that you configured in the Settings page.
- Custom Logo: You can use a custom logo for this report by uploading logo in the Logo field.
1. Set up the schedule for the report by selecting the Frequency Type as “Hourly”, “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly”, or “Yearly”
2. Enter the scheduled frequency time in the Schedule Frequency Time section to schedule report generation.
3. Enter/select the start time to generate the report from the Start Time field.
4. If the Kibana Dashboard is saved with Store time with dashboard in Kibana then Use dashboard time window option is enabled by default. This schedules the report for the stored time.
If Usedashboard time window checkbox is not selected, Time Window is enabled, which allows you to generate the report for a specific time window.
You can find the two action buttons Mail and Slack. Click the respective action button to configure the details for the reports. By default, the Mail action tab is displayed if the Email Setting option is set to “on” in the Email configuration settings page.
1. Enter the recipient email address in the Email To field.
2. To send a copy of the email, enter the email addresses in the Email CC field.
3. To send the generated reports to the recipients corresponding to the filter, select the Include Recipients in Filter checkbox. Refer to Set up Filters section for information on setting up the filter.
4. Enter the subject of the email in the Subject field.
5. Enter the message for the email in the Message field.
6. Select the parameter name from the Merge Parameter Name field. You can merge the parameter names in the Subject and Message fields for the email with the generated report.
7. To send a copy of the report instantly, click the Mail Now button.
You can also schedule the slack for the report if the Slack Setting option is set to “on” in the Slack configuration settings page.
1. Click the Slack action button. The Slack action tab is displayed.
2. Enter the Channel name or the user name or the user id in the Send To field to which the reports have to be sent.
3. Enter the message for the email in the Message field.
4. Select the parameter name from the Merge Parameter Name field. You can merge the parameter names in the Message fields for the slack with the generated report.
5. Additional Information lets you send the parameter name to the Slack message. By default, the Additional Information option is enabled with the default parameters.
6. To send a copy of the report instantly, click the Send Slack button.
7. If the Setting Setting option is set of "off" in the Slack Configuration page, you can generate the reports using the Generate now option.
Once the action tab details are configured click the Save button.
When the report is scheduled, you can view the scheduled report for the Dashboard.
- Schedule a custom template report based on Kibana dashboard