Please follow the steps below for offline activation if your server does not have internet access.
Note: If you are evaluating Skedler (Free Trial) and if your server does not have internet access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a special 21 day temporary license key for offline activation. We will send you a 21 day trial key within 24 hours. Once you receive the special key, use the steps below to activate the key offline.
- To activate the license, click the About icon in Skedler Homepage.
- Click Activate License.
- The License Activation page is displayed.
In the License Activation page, enter the required details.
Note: You must have a license key to activate the product.
1. Enter the Name, Email, and Company Name in the corresponding fields.2. Enter the 25-digit alphanumeric license key or activation code in the License Key field. Note: Activating the product offline does not require proxy settings.
3. Read and select I agree to the Terms and Conditions checkbox.4. Click Offline Activation to initiate offline activation of Skedler.
5. This generates the product.txt file. Follow the steps to generate the license file (actOff.dat).
a. Copy the product.txt file from the server to a machine with internet connection (you need internet connection to generate the actOff.dat file from the license
b. Open the copied product.txt file.
c. Copy the content/text inside the product.txt file. (Use CTRL+A and CTRL+C to avoid missing any characters while copying)
d. Use the following curl command to generate the licensing file (actOff.dat). Replace the STRING_FROM_THE_FILE with the copied content from
e. Open the terminal and run the curl command
curl -XPOST "https://skedler.com/activateproductoffline.php" -d "requestData=STRING_FROM_THE_FILE" > actOff.dat
f. Copy the actOff.dat file to the skedler server.
1. Make sure there is no other actOff.dat file in the folder you copy.
2. Don't rename the actOff.dat file
g. Upload the actOff.dat file to skedler as mentioned below6. Click the About icon in the Skedler Homepage.
7. Click License Information. The Edition type and License key is automatically populated.
8. Click Select File to upload the actOff.dat file from the computer.
9. Click Activate to activate the license. (If you would like to cancel the activation, click Abort).