Report scheduling will allow you to centrally schedule and distribute Kibana Dashboards or Search as hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly PDF/Excel/CSV reports. The Kibana search forms the basis of the search scheduled report. Skedler will automatically discover all the existing Kibana searches for you. You just need to select one search for your report.
Note For Skedler v3.12 and below refer How to schedule a report based on Kibana Search
Note: For Skedler v3.2 and below refer How to schedule a report based on Kibana Search
- A successful configuration of Skedler settings. Refer How to configure Datasource and Notification channel details
To schedule the report, click the Create Report button.
Enter the appropriate values in the fields to generate the report.
1. Enter the name of the report in the Report Name field.
2. Select the Data Source from the drop-down.
3. Select the type as Search for report with search results.
NOTE: If you have multiple Spaces configured in Kibana, select the spaces from the Select Space drop-down. The search list will be discovered based on the selected space or organization.
4. Select the required dashboard or search from the Select Dashboard or Select Search drop-down to generate reports.
5. Optionally, select the required filter from the Select Filter drop-down. By default, the “No filter” option is selected. Refer How to use filters with scheduled reports to setup the filter and configure the filter for the scheduled reports.
6. Time Window allows you to generate the report for a specific time window.
7. Optionally, enter the Tags which helps you to search the report based on the tags.
8. In the Advanced option optionally, enter the Report Output Directory. It allows storing the scheduled reports on the Skedler server. You can also customize your report output directory by adding the custom parameters. To display the list of custom parameters created type $ in the Report Output Directory field. By default the Include Basepath is enabled Skedler will take the base path configured in the Advanced settings page and the report will be generated in that location. You can also override by unchecking the Include Basepath checkbox.
1. Enter the title of the report generated in the Report Title field.
2. Select the required report format from the Select Format drop-down. The available options are PDF or Excel or CSV. By default "Excel" option is selected.
3. Optionally, if you chose PDF reports, you can select the Include Report type option to attach Excel or CSV report. By default option "None" is selected.
4. Select the Layout type as Smart Layout or Dashboard Layout, by default “Smart Layout” is enabled. Note: Layout Configuration applicable only for PDF reports.
5. Choose page Orientation (portrait or landscape). By default “Portrait” is selected
6. Advanced Option (is applicable for PDF reports) allows you to select the following,
Page size: If the report type is PDF, you can configure the paper size of the report as A4, A3, Legal or Letter
Optionally, you can set a logo for the report to be generated. By default "No Logo" is selected. The logo options are as follows:
Choose Default Logo: If you would like to use the default logo that you configured on the Settings page.
Custom Logo: You can use a custom logo for this report by uploading logo in the Logo field.
- Font Family: You can select the type of font in which the report needs to be generated.
Optionally, you can enable Schedule. If you would like to schedule the reports specify the following details and click the Schedule button.
1. Set up the schedule for the report by selecting the Frequency Type as “Hourly”, “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly”, or “Yearly”
2. Enter the scheduled frequency time in the Schedule Frequency Time section to schedule report generation.
3. Enter/select the start time to generate the report from the Start Time field.
Once the report is scheduled you will find the schedule details as shown below,
Optionally, you can configure Report Actions details.
Click the + button to add the action(Email/Slack). Click on the respective action to configure the details for the reports.
1. Enter the recipient email address in the Email To field.
2. To send a copy of the email, enter the email addresses in the Email CC field.
3. To send a copy of the email privately, enter the recipient email address in the Email BCC field.
4. To send the generated reports to the recipients corresponding to the filter, select the Include Recipients in Filter checkbox. Refer to Set up Filters section for information on setting up the filter.
5. Enter the subject of the email in the Subject field.
6. Enter the message for the email in the Message field.
7. Select the parameter name from the Merge Parameter Name field. You can merge the Custom parameter names in the Subject and Message fields for the email with the generated report.
8. Optionally, you can customize the Warning Message Option. If the generated report has no date for the specified Time Window then the email will be sent to recipient entered in the Warning Email field.
8. To send a copy of the report instantly, click the Action button and click Email Report option.
9. To save the scheduled report, click the Save and Exit button.
10. If the Email Setting option is set of "off" in the Configuration > Notification Channels , you can generate the reports using the Generate now option.
You can also schedule the slack for the report if the Slack Setting option is set to “on” in the Slack configuration settings page.
1. Click the Slack Channel action button. The Slack action tab is displayed.
2. Enter the Channel name or the user name or the user id in the Send To field to which the reports have to be sent.
3. Enter the message for the email in the Message field.
4. Select the parameter name from the Merge Parameter field and click the Merge button. This enables you to merge the parameter names in the Message fields for the slack with the generated report.
5. Additional Information lets you send the parameter name to the Slack message. By default, the Additional Information option is enabled with the default parameters.
6. To send a copy of the report instantly, click the Action button and click Slack Report option.
7. If the Setting Setting option is set to "off" in the Slack Configuration page, you can generate the reports using the Generate now option.
8. Once the action tab details are configured click the Save and Exit button.
When the report is scheduled, you can view the scheduled report for the Dashboard
You can also send or generate multiple reports in a single click. select the reports that you need to send or generate and click "Send / Generate" option from action dropdown as shown,