The first step after logging into Skedler UI is to activate the trial/purchased license key.
There are two types of license keys:
- Free trial license key - You will find the free trial license key on the same page from where you downloaded Skedler Reports. You will also receive a welcome email with the free trial license key usually within 10 minutes of your download. This email will be titled "Welcome to Skedler Reports". You can search for this email in your inbox or SPAM folder. Free trial keys expire 30 days from the date of activation.
- Subscription license key - You will receive a license key via email after you purchase a Skedler Reports subscription. Subscription license keys expire in 1 year from the date of purchase.
Access License Activation Page
You can access the license activation page in a few ways:
- Click on Go to License Page link in the yellow section at the top. This section will be visible if license is not activated or if your license has expired.
- Or, click on Upgrade License button at the bottom left corner of Skedler dashboard.
- Or, clicking on the Profile icon -> Account Settings -> License
To start a free trial, click on Start 30 day free trial. If you have a paid license key click on Activate License.
Online License Activation
If your Skedler server is connected to the internet, you can activate the license key online.
Enter your work email id and license key.
Accept the terms and conditions.
Click the Activate button to activate the license.
You will see the license activation message. Click the Go to Reports button to navigate to the Reports home page.
You will see the Reports Dashboard.
Proceed to Create Skedler Report.
Offline Activation in Air-gapped Environments
If you installed Skedler in an air-gapped environment, follow the steps below to activate the license.
Enter work email id and license key.
Accept terms and conditions.
Check Offline Activation and click the Activate button.
A product_activation.txt file will be downloaded in your server/machine once you click on the Activate button. You now need to upload this file to the Skedler website for offline activation. If you do not have internet access on your Skedler machine, transfer/copy the product_activation.txt file to a machine with internet access.
Don't do anything yet on the offline activation modal window that is displayed in Skedler Reports. You will come back to this UI after license activation in Skedler website.
Go to the Skedler Reports v5 offline activation website
Enter your license key and upload product_activation.txt file.
Click the Activate button.
Skedler website will activate the product_activation.txt file and will download a license_key.dat file to your machine.
Transfer the license_key.dat file to the Skedler machine. Upload license_key.dat file in the Offine Activation modal window and click Activate button.
You will see the license activation success message.
Click the Go to Reports button to navigate to the Reports home page.