Skedler Reports Linux Upgrade Guide
Modified on: Wed, 17 Apr, 2019 at 3:16 AM
To upgrade skedler reports to newer version, follow the steps given below:
1. Download the new version of Skedler Reports.
2. Stop Skedler Reports if it is running.
3. Please take a backup of the existing Skedler Reports.
4. Extract the new skedler.tar.gz to the same folder or to a new location.
5. Update the Skedler configuration file $skedler_home/config/reporting.yml with the required variable values.
NOTE: Skedler configuration file reporting.yml is updated in the latest version ie v3.9.0, If you are using the Skedler version below v3.9.0 we recommend you to modify the file instead of copying the file from the older version.
6. If extracting to a new location, run the install_as_service.sh as mentioned in step 5 of the Step-by-step install guide to update the service files and skedler reports home environment variables, which is already set for the older version of skedler reports.
7. Start Skedler Reports manually or as a service.
8. To start Skedler Reports as a service, execute:
sudo service skedler start
9. To start Skedler Reports manually,
Change the directory to $skedler_home (e.g., /opt/skedler). execute:
10. License Activation - If you are running the new version of skedler reports with the same Linux username as the older version, the existing license will be retained. This is applicable for Online and Offline
NOTE: License reactivation (purchased license key) is required when you upgrade Skedler Reports from the older version to the v3.8 and above. Refer to Reactivate Skedler license key
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?