Filters are used to generate and send custom reports based on a single dashboard. For example, you can create a generic Kibana/Grafana dashboard to display the Web traffic for all your customers. You can then apply a dynamic filter CustomerID: “1001” to the Kibana/Grafana dashboard to view the web traffic for CustomerID 1001 and send an email only to that customer.
You can reuse the filter on other Kibana/Grafana Dashboards. For example, you can apply the same filter to the Sales Dashboard to view the sales information for a specific customer.
Note: Setting up of filters is optional.
- A successful configuration of Skedler settings. Refer How to configure email settings, timezone settings and default logo for reports
- Set up Filter List
- Set up query filters
- Preview reports with Filters
Click on Filters in the menu.
1. Click the ADD NEW FILTER button to create a filter list.
2. Enter the name of the filter list in the Filter List Name field.
3. Filter list can be added using the following ways,
- Create a filter list by uploading excel file with filter queries.
- To upload the excel file, click the UPLOAD FILTERS FROM EXCEL button.
- Click the CREATE button to create the filter list with query filters.
- A sample Excel file(Kibana Dashboard) format with filters, recipients, folder and customparam is given below. The recipients can be an individual email address, email mailing list or can be blank.
- A sample Excel file(Grafana Dashboard) format with filters, recipients, folder and customparam is given below. The recipients can be an individual email address, email mailing list or can be blank.
- If the filter field requires multiple values, separate the values with the delimiter ",".
- If you need to pass multiple fields in a single filter, separate the values with the delimiter "|". For example "app: Microstrategy , Power BI | datasource: elasticAWS"
- Create an empty filter list in which you can add filters queries later
- Click CREATE button to create a filter list with the filter query.
4. To edit a filter list, click the Edit icon.
5. To delete a filter list, click the Delete icon.
1. Click the edit icon in the Filter List to set up or edit the Report filters.
Note: You can edit the report filters by uploading the excel file or through UI.
2. Click the UPLOAD REPORT FILTERS FROM EXCEL to add or overwrite the report filters.
- The Add option enables you to add the uploaded report filters to the existing report filters.
Select the option Add and then click the CREATE button to create the Report filter listQuery filter has been added to the existing query filter list
- The Overwrite option replaces the existing filters with uploaded report filters
Select the option Overwrite and then click the CREATE button to create the Report filter listQuery filter has overwritten to the query filter list
3. To add the report filters through UI, click the ADD REPORT FILTER button.
4. Enter the query filter in the Report Filter field, optionally you can fill the Report Recipients field, Folder Name and Custom Parameter. Click Add/Edit Parameter to add custom parameters to the query filter.
1. The Custom Parameter page is displayed. Click the Add Parameter button to add the customer
3. Click the Delete icon to delete the custom parameter.
5.Click the save icon to save to entire row of Report Filter, Report Recipients, Folder Name and Custom Parameter.
6. To edit the report filter, click the edit icon.
7. To delete the report filter, click the delete icon.
1. Click the preview icon to preview the report filter.
2. Select the type, based on the type Skedler automatically discover all the existing Kibana dashboards/searches for you. Select the dashboard/search and preview type along with the preview time window (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly or dashboard time window) and based on the preview type the Filter Layout options can be selected. Click Proceed button.
If the dashboard is saved with Store time with dashboard option in Kibana, the dashboard can be previewed with the stored time by selecting dashboard time window.