- We recommend installing Skedler Alerts in a separate VM or Docker container or server.
- Windows operating system - 64bit
- Minimum of 2 CPU cores and 8 GB of RAM is recommended for deploying Skedler Alerts.
Skedler Alerts supports Elasticsearch version from 5.x to 6.6.x
Download the latest version of Skedler Alerts from the Download page
Extract the skedler-alerts.zip file to the desired folder (e.g., C:\Program Files\Skedler-Alerts).
Provide read/write permissions to the following folders, if they are configured in alertconfig.yml
- Skedler-Alerts folder storing JSON file configured for the alerts_path parameter in alertconfig.yml
- UI files folder configured for the parameter ui_files_location
- Go to config folder using the command cd config.
- Open alertconfig.yml
ElasticSearch URL configuration
Add Elasticsearch URL with the port (even if the port is 80) in the alertconfig.yml file in the following format
Proxy server basic authentication configuration
- If you are using Nginx, follow the steps below.
If Nginx is configured as a reverse proxy for Elasticsearch, configure Nginx username and password for Elasticsearch as shown:
- Note: If you are using Shield then refer to Step-by-Step Configuration Guide for Shield.
- Save changes to alertconfig.yml
For more configuration options please refer alertconfig.yml configuration.
Starting Skedler Alerts manually from $alert_home
Starting Skedler Alerts in debug mode from $alert_home
Starting Skedler Alerts as service from $alert_home
Restarting Skedler Alerts as service from $alert_home
Stoping Skedler Alerts as service from $alert_home
Skedler-Alerts is accessed from the following URL http://<yourServer>:3001. The License Activation page is displayed on successful installation.
To configure Skeldler-Alerts settings, refer to How to configure time zone settings, index pattern settings, email settings, Webhook settings for skedler-alerts
You are now ready to start scheduling Alerts.
To create alerts, refer to Step-by-Step User Guide for Creating Skedler-Alerts
Activation is required for purchased product license key. In the Community Edition, license activation will be skipped. If you purchase Skedler Alerts license, you will receive a license key by email.
Refer to Upgrade License
- Step-by-Step Shield Configuration Guide for Skedler-Alerts
- Step-by-Step Guide for Offline License Activation for Skedler-Alerts
- Step-by-Step Guide to Move Skedler-Alerts from One Machine to Another