- We recommend installing Skedler Alerts in a separate VM or Docker container or server.
- Windows operating system - 64bit
- Minimum of 2 CPU cores and 8 GB of RAM is recommended for deploying Skedler Alerts.
Skedler Alerts supports Elasticsearch version from 5.x to 6.3 and Kibana version from 5.x to 6.3.0
Download the latest version of Skedler Alerts from the Download page
Extract the skedler-alerts.zip file to the desired folder (e.g., C:\Program Files\Skedler-Alerts).
Provide read/write permissions to the following folders, if they are configured in alertconfig.yml
- Skedler-Alerts folder storing JSON file configured for the alerts_path parameter in alertconfig.yml
- UI files folder configured for the parameter ui_files_location
- Go to config folder using the command cd config.
- Open alertconfig.yml
ElasticSearch URL configuration
Add Elasticsearch URL with the port (even if the port is 80) in the alertconfig.yml file in the following format
Proxy server basic authentication configuration
- If you are using Nginx, follow the steps below.
If Nginx is configured as a reverse proxy for Elasticsearch, configure Nginx username and password for Elasticsearch as shown:
- Note: If you are using Shield then refer to Step-by-Step Configuration Guide for Shield.
- Save changes to alertconfig.yml
For more configuration options please refer alertconfig.yml configuration.
Starting Skedler Alerts manually from $alert_home
Starting Skedler Alerts in debug mode from $alert_home
Starting Skedler Alerts as service from $alert_home
Restarting Skedler Alerts as service from $alert_home
Stoping Skedler Alerts as service from $alert_home
Skedler-Alerts is accessed from the following URL http://<yourServer>:3001. The License Activation page is displayed on successful installation.
To configure Skeldler-Alerts settings, refer to How to configure time zone settings, index pattern settings, email settings, Webhook settings for skedler-alerts
You are now ready to start scheduling Alerts.
To create alerts, refer to Step-by-Step User Guide for Creating Skedler-Alerts
Activation is required for purchased product license key. In the Community Edition, license activation will be skipped. If you purchase Skedler Alerts license, you will receive a license key by email.
Refer to Upgrade License
- Step-by-Step Shield Configuration Guide for Skedler-Alerts
- Step-by-Step Guide for Offline License Activation for Skedler-Alerts
- Step-by-Step Guide to Move Skedler-Alerts from One Machine to Another