In this article we will look into how to upgrade from Skedler version 4.x to the latest version in Docker environments.
Pull Skedler Reports
Pull the latest version of Skedler from the docker repository and run the image.
sudo docker pull skedler/reports
sudo docker run --name skedler-xg -t -d -v skedlerdata:/var/lib/skedler-xg -p 0.0.0.0:3005:3005 skedler/reports
Configure your options for migration
To configure Skedler settings navigate and edit reporting.yml file by using the following command:
sudo docker exec -it skedler-xg nano /usr/share/skedler-xg/reporting.yml
Configure the following required information in the reporting.yml. These parameters are required for migrating from Skedler 4.x to the latest version.
- oldSkedlerBasePath - The absolute path to your Skedler Reports 4.x. This path should be accessible from the Skedler environment.
- migrationSourceDatasource - The database that you are using in Skedler Reports 4.x. The values can be ‘elasticsearch’, ‘mysql’, ‘sqlite'.
- migrationSourceDatastorePath - If you were using sqlite as the database in v4, enter the path to your Skedler Reports 4.x sqlite database.
- Enable and configure the below variables only if you used mysql as the database in Skedler Reports 4.x.
- Enable and configure the below variables only if you used elasticsearch as the database in Skedler Reports 4.x.
elasticsearchUrl - The Elasticsearch url configured in Skedler v4.x
skedlerIndex - The Elasticsearch index configured in Skedler v4.x
elasticsearchAuthType - The authentication type, if any, for the configured Elasticsearch.
skedlerElasticsearchUsername - Enable and configure if authentication is present.
skedlerElasticsearchPassword - Enable and configure if authentication is present
In addition, you can configure other options to run Skedler in an air-gapped environment, change the port number, define the hostname, change the location for the Skedler database, and log files. Read more about the reporting.yml configuration options.
Save the reporting.yml file and exit the editor.
sudo docker exec skedler-xg /usr/share/skedler-xg/bin/migrate
Start Skedler manually
Start Skedler manually using the following commands.
sudo docker exec skedler-xg /usr/share/skedler-xg/bin/skedler
Start Skedler as service
To start Skedler, the command is:
sudo docker exec skedler-xg service skedler start
To check status, the command is:
sudo docker exec skedler-xg service skedler status
To stop Skedler. the command is:
sudo docker exec skedler-xg service skedler stop
Access Skedler Reports
The default URL for accessing Skedler Reports is:
If you had made configuration changes in the reporting.yml, then the Skedler URL is of the following format:
http://<hostname or your domainurl>:3005
http://<hostname or your domain url>:<port number>
Login to Skedler Reports
Sign in using the following credentials:
Default username: firstname.lastname@example.org
Default password: admin
Click Sign in.
Next step: Proceed to License Activation