- We recommend installing Skedler Reports in a separate VM or Docker container or server.
- Linux Operating System with x86-64-bit architecture
- Ubuntu version 12.04 and above
- Debian version 7 and above
- Minimum of 2 CPU cores and 8 GB of RAM is recommended for deploying Skedler Reports
- Debian/Ubuntu – sudo apt-get install libnss3
Font config libraries
- Debian/Ubuntu – sudo apt-get install libfontconfig
- CentOS/RedHat – sudo yum install fontconfig
Skedler Reports require the hostname of the server in which Skedler Reports is installed to be configured in /etc/hosts.
1. Check hostname by giving this command:
In reporting.yml the host parameter is the host in which skedler reports binds.
2. If the host is configured as 127.0.0.1 then make sure you have an entry in /etc/hosts as mentioned below,
Note: If you are binding skedler reports to the localhost you can't access it from outside.
3. However. If the bind-address is 0.0.0.0, that means skedler reports binds to any IP (configured for your system). In this case, your entry in the host's file(/etc/hosts) should be
4. If the host(IP address of the server) in reporting.yml is changed other than the default value 0.0.0.0 then there should be an entry for the host in /etc/hosts like
5. Reboot the system.
Note: If you are using any proxy server add your hostname to a no_proxy list in the file /etc/environment add the following line,
Elasticsearch: 5.x – 7.11.x
Kibana: 5.x – 7.11.x
Grafana: 5.x – 7.4.x
Open Distro for Elasticsearch: 0.8.0 - 1.1.0
ELK Stack on Security Onion: 6.8.8
- Download the latest version of Skedler Reports from the Download page.
- Untar the skedler.tar.gz file to the desired folder (e.g., /opt). For convenience, let us call this folder as $skedler_home.
- Go to the config folder using the command cd config.
- Open reporting.yml (e.g., vi /opt/skedler/config/reporting.yml)
- To use the security plugin and therefore, the authenticated users of ELK or Grafana for user-based report creation and generation, follow the below configuration
Uncomment the variable skedler_anonymous_access and set the value to `false`.
# To use security users of ELK or Grafana for user-based report creation and generation, uncomment the variable and set the value to `false`. By default the variable value is set to `true`
Skedler needs a datastore to store Skedler metadata and history data. By default, Skedler uses Internal Database as a Datastore. Alternatively, you can configure either Elasticsearch or an external "MySQL" or "SQLite" database as a Datastore.
If you would like to use Elasticsearch as a Datastore (especially if you are upgrading from v3.x), follow the configuration shown below:
1. Add Elasticsearch URL with the port (even if the port is 80) in the reporting.yml file in the following format <protocol>://<server>:<port>
# The Elasticsearch instance to use for all your queries.
2. If any security plugin is configured for Elasticsearch such as X-pack or Search Guard or ReadOnlyRest or Basic Auth, uncomment the variable and configure the variable with the respective value given below:
# If Elasticsearch uses security or basic auth, add the security username and password here for Skedler.
On Advanced Configuration refer to the following article Reporting.yml & ReportEngine Configuration
If you would like to use Internal Database as a Datastore, follow the configuration shown below,
Skedler uses an embedded database to store metadata and history data. The embedded database is located at,
For linux, /var/lib/skedler/skedler.db and /var/lib/skedler/skedlerHistory.db
For windows, C:\skedler\skedler.db and C:\skedler\skedlerHistory.db
Provide the required permission to install.sh in $skedler home script file using the command
- cd $skedler_home
- sudo chmod u+x install_as_service.sh
Starting Skedler Reports manually
Start the application from $skedler_home folder by using the command
To start the application as service run the following command from $skedler_home
Start Skedler Reports as service
sudo service skedler start
To stop Skedler Reports as service
sudo service skedler stop
Skedler Reports can be accessed from the following URL http://<yourServer>:3000.
You are now ready to start scheduling Reports.
Activation is required for the purchased product license key. If you purchase a Skedler Reports license, you will receive a license key by email.
Once Skedler has launched it operates in Enterprise trial with a validity of 21 days. Once the Enterprise trial expires, the product moves to Community Edition and operate withs by limited functionality.Refer to Upgrade License