- We recommend installing Skedler in a separate VM or Docker container or server.
- Windows operating system - 64bit
- Minimum of 2 CPU cores and 8 GB of RAM is recommended for deploying Skedler.
- Skedler requires Java 7 ,8 or 9
- Configure Java_Home as User Variable.
- Add JAVA_HOME\bin to PATH
- Add JAVA_HOME\jre\bin\server to PATH
Note: For Jave 9 setting the PATH as JAVA_HOME\jre\bin\server not required.
Dpi setting in Windows should be set to 96dpi for Skedler to generate the report in an aligned manner. By default, the value is set at 96dpi.
Go to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display to check the dpi settings.
Skedler supports Elasticsearch version from 1.7 to 5.6.1 and Kibana version from 4.1 to 5.6.1
- Download the latest version of Skedler from Free Trial page
- Extract the skedler.zip file to the desired folder (e.g., C:\Program Files\Skedler).
- skedler.zip was extracted. For convenience, let us call this folder as $skedler_home.
Provide read/write permissions to the following folders.
Report folder configured for reports_dir parameter in reporting.yml
UI files folder configured for the parameter ui_files_location
- Go to config folder using the command cd config.
- Open reporting.yml.
ElasticSearch and Kibana URL configuration
- Add Elasticsearch URL with the port (even if the port is 80) and the Kibana URL with the port in the reporting.yml file in the following format <protocol>://<server>:<port>
Grafana URL configuration
- For Skedler to discover Grafana dashboards and generate the report for Grafana you would need to configure Grafana details in reporting.yml. By default, the Grafana configuration variables are commented in the reporting.yml. Uncomment the variables and assign the Grafana URL with the port and the Grafana authentication credentials or the Grafana authentication token key to access the dashboard.
- If you are using Nginx or SearchGuard, follow the steps below.
Note: If you are using Shield then refer to Step-by-Step Configuration Guide for Shield.
- If Kibana is configured behind Nginx, configure the Nginx username and password for Kibana in reporting.yml as shown:
- If Nginx is configured as a reverse proxy for elasticsearch, configure Nginx username and password for elasticsearch as shown:
- Save changes to reporting.yml
To Start the application as service run the following command from $skedler_home
Start Skedler as service
To stop Skedler as service
Skedler can be accessed from the following URL http://<yourServer>:3000. The License Activation page is displayed on successful installation.
To activate Skedler (in Free Trial or Licensed) you must activate a valid license key. A trial license key is automatically populated in the license activation form. If you purchase Skedler license, you will receive a license key by email.
License keys can be activated using Online Activation or Offline Activation. However, Free Trial license key requires Online Activation. If your server doesn’t have internet connection, please refer to Step-by-Step Guide for Offline License Activation of Skedler.
1. Click Activate License.
2. The License Activation page is displayed.
3. Enter the required values in the Name, Email, and Company field.
By default, a trial license key is auto-populated in the “License Key” field. If you received a Product license key, update the License key field.
4. If the Internet connection requires a proxy server, click Proxy Setting in the License Activation page to enter the details. Specify the protocol, server name or proxy IP, and port. If the proxy setting requires user authentication, enter the username and password in the Username and Password fields. Click Save button. The License Activation page is displayed.
5. Read and select I agree to the Terms and Conditions checkbox.
6. Click Online Activation to activate the Skedler Trial License.
To configure Skedler settings refer the How to configure email settings, time zone settings and default logo for reports
You are now ready to start scheduling Reports.
Refer to Skedler v2.8.1 User Guide for Windows or Skedler v3.x How to create and schedule a report based on Kibana dashboard to create reports.
- Step-by-Step Shield Configuration Guide
- Step-by-Step Guide for Offline License Activation for Skedler
- Step-by-Step Guide to Move Skedler from One Machine to Another