To upgrade skedler alerts to a newer version, follow the steps given below:
1. Download the new version of Skedler Alerts.
2. Stop Skedler Alerts if it is running.
3. Please take a backup of the existing Skedler Alerts.
4. Extract the new skedler-alerts.tar.gz to the same folder or to a new location.
5. If extracting to a new location, run the install.sh as mentioned in step 4 of the Step-by-step install guide to update the service files and skedler alerts home environment variables, which is already set for the older version of skedler alerts.
6. Start Skedler Alerts manually or as a service.
7. To start Skedler Alerts as a service, execute:
sudo service alert start
8. To start Skedler Alerts manually,
Change the directory to $alert_home (e.g., /opt/alert). execute:
9. License Activation - If you are running the new version of skedler alerts with the same Linux username as the older version, the existing license will be retained. This is applicable for Online and Offline activations.
NOTE: License reactivation is required when you upgrade Skedler Alerts from the older version to the latest v3.8. Refer to Reactivate Skedler Alerts license key