To upgrade Skedler Alerts to newer version, follow the steps given below:
1. Download the new alerts version of Skedler Alerts.
2. Stop Skedler Alerts if it is running.
3. Extract the new skedler-alerts.tar.gz to a new location.
4. Update the Skedler Alerts configuration file $alert_home/config/alertconfig.yml with the required variable values.
NOTE: Skedler Alerts configuration file alertconfig.yml is updated in the latest version ie v3.8.0, If you are using the Skedler Alerts version below v3.8.0 we recommend you to modify the file instead of copying the file from the older version.
5. If extracting to a new location, run the install_as_service.sh as mentioned in step 4 of the Step-by-step install guide to update the service files and Skedler Alerts home environment variables, which is already set for the older version of Skedler Alerts.
6. Start Skedler Alerts manually or as a service.
7. To start Skedler Alerts as a service, execute:
sudo service alert start
8. To start Skedler Alerts manually,
Change the directory to $alert_home (e.g., /opt/alert-new). execute:
9. License Activation - If you are running the new version of Skedler Alerts with the same Linux username as the older version, the existing license will be retained. This is applicable for Online and Offline activation.
NOTE: License reactivation (purchased license key) is required when you upgrade Skedler Alerts from the older version to the v3.8 and above. Refer to Reactivate Skedler Alerts license key